Since 2007 more than 505,000 fourth graders, all across America rolled up their sleeves and planted a tree.
To help revitalize a remarkable idea: Arbor Day at School
They have become members of FOURTH GRADE FORESTERS USA, a project that is designed to do just that. The Warrenville Lions Club is proud to sponsor trees for all of the fourth graders in the Warrenville schools.
The project has four major goals.
1. To revitalize observation of Arbor Day in America's schools on the offical Arbor Day proclaimed in their own state.
2. To send every fourth grader home with a tree of their own to plant and care for.
3. To support employment of workers with disabilities.*
4. To bring schools, private individuals, businesses and organizations together to have direct positive impact on the urban forests of their communities.
* Each tree is individually packaged for distribution by workers with disabilities.